Tricorn Centre...


The Tricorn Centre a piece of brutalist architecture within Portsmouth from the mid 1960's until 2004. Some loved it others loathed it, me personally I loved it although it could be perceived as 'an ugly piece of concreate' it gave Portsmouth character and contrasted immensely against any other architecture around the area.

It was a sad day when the news was that this building was going to be demolished, for me and many others it was a concrete playground and too this day I wish I had taken more time to explore the depths of the beautiful monster of Portsmouth.

Its all okay though apparently Portsmouth City Council have transformed the 'eye sore' of Portsmouth into something that is "far more attractive and a spurt of regeneration" by making it into a stylish money making car park. Far more beautiful than the Tricorn Centre.....

Long live the memory of the Tricorn Centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment